- 1 Maine Pie Co. pie shell
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups medium diced yellow onion
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets, steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove frozen pie shell from bag and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add onion, broccoli florets, and cheese and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine, pour into crust, and bake until center of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To store, refrigerate cooled quiche, tightly covered. To reheat quiche, cover with foil and place in a 325 degrees oven until warmed, about 15 minutes.