- 1 The Maine Pie Co. 9” gluten-free pie shell
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes (for garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread coconut onto a parchment lined baking sheet and toast 5-8 minutes until golden brown, stirring once.
- 2. Turn oven to 350 degrees. Take 1 The Maine Pie Co. gluten free pie shell and let thaw slightly. (5 minutes) Prick the bottom of the pie shell a few times with a fork then bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg until well combined. Stir in heavy cream and toasted coconut. Pour filling into baked pie crust. Place foil over the edges of the crust so it won’t get too brown and bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove foil from edges for the last 15 minutes.
- 4. Cool to room temperature then chill if desired.
- 5. Serve with fresh whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes. Enjoy!!