Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
Write a review
- 2 Maine Pie Co. pie shells
- 3 to 3 1/2 C cooked cubed pheasant, turkey or chicken
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 C)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C diced onion
- 3/4 - 1 C potato starch
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2-2 C diced carrots
- 1 C celery
- 1 C peas
- 1 C corn
- 1/4 C parsley (preferably fresh)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1. Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Rub meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place in a cooking pan and roast for 35-40 minutes.
- 4. Remove poultry form grill and let rest 20 minutes.
- 5. Dice meat into cubes.
- 6. In large pot or quart size pan, melt butter over medium to low heat and sauté onions, carrots, corn and celery until onions are tender or translucent. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- 7. Add chicken stock and whisk in continuously over low heat until. Thicken with potato starch.
- 8. Add salt, pepper and heavy cream.
- 9. Add cooked and diced meat, peas, and parsley, mix well.
- 10. Let mixture cool 15-20 minutes and then pour into Maine Pie Co. pie shell.
- 11. Add top pie shell, seal and flute pie crust edges.
- 12. Pierce pie crust top to allow air to escape.
- 13. Cover pie crust edges with foil or aluminum ring so that it will not burn.
- 14. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 1 hour until golden brown.