- 1 package Maine Pie Co. gluten-free pie shells (2)
- 2.5 pounds peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Remove package of Maine Pie Co. gluten-free pie shells from freezer. Set one aside and let thaw for the top crust. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin coat of melted butter on the bottom of the second crust.
- 2. Peel and slice peaches, and mix with lemon juice and almond extract.
- 3. Combine dry ingredients, and then mix with peaches.
- 4. Pour peach mixture into pie shell. Carefully remove the thawed pie shell from tin using it for the top layer of crust. Roll edges together and crimp. We like using a fork, the old fashioned way. Cut slits in the top of the pie for steam to escape. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Enjoy!!!